Friday, September 28, 2007

Where do you get your ideas?


Hey everybody! I've been getting this question a lot lately: "Where do you get your ideas?" I get my ideas from a whole lot of different places. I get a lot of my ideas from the Stampin' Up! catalog, and from the Stampin' Up! website. There are always lots of wonderful ideas and color combinations to be found, and there are many ways to make the cards you see there into your very own creations. If I see a card that I like, I may use the colors, I may use different stamps to make it my own, or I might just recreate the entire thing! A really wonderful website that I have found, is called: www.splitcoaststampers.com There is an awesome gallery there with thousands of examples of cards made by many talented ladies (and a few gentlemen)! There is an alphabetical listing of every stamp set that Stampin' Up! has ever sold, and oftentimes hundreds of examples of cards that have been made using those stamp sets. It is an invaluable resource for inspiration, and for step by step instructions for all sorts of different kinds of projects and techniques! So for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet, I highly recommend that you take a look. There is truly something for everyone over there, and I check it every day (sometimes twice) :)

Check out this cute Thanksgiving card that I made using the scallop punch, oval punch, and the pick-a-petal stamp set. I got the instructions for making this turkey on Split Coast Stampers (we call it SCS for short) :)

No comments: