Monday, May 17, 2010

Bumblebees make the sweetest pets.


So I almost got away with making just a card with the cricut today. As I was finishing the last touches though, my daughter walked in and saw the bumblebee on the card. 'Bumblebees make the sweetest pets, Mama!' So of course, I had to make her one to add to her 'collection'. Perhaps today I will try to get my cricut work done before she gets home from school ;)

Another color challenge from Splitcoaststampers.com. I just love those challenges, they give me the most awesome color combinations, and you can print all of the past challenges out for future reference. I almost always go to my cheat sheet when in a creative slump, and it picks me right up again. The colors were riding hood red (so glad it is coming back in the next SU catty), kraft (which will be called something different in the new catty, but is NOT going away), and summer sun (which will be gone come July 1st).

The Bumblebee is of course from my new Create a Critter cartridge, the only one that seems to get used lately. I really wanted to use one of the cute sayings from Stampin' Up!'s 'just buzzin by' stamp set, but I rarely use it and have it put away to sell so couldn't find it. There are so many talented designers coming up with cute pun stamps especially designed for this cartridge that I am not worried that eventually I will find the perfect saying. For now it is just generic ;)

Thanks for looking!

No comments: